My Favourite

Friday, July 18, 2014

Construction of Dry cell.


We alway's use a small cell, called dry cell. But have we imagined how does it work, whats secret is behind it. But today I will give its total functioning, working and everyyything. So don't get bore I will not take your much time But I apologise for my 1 mistake today my Internet connection is not well, so I haven't put any images of it but don't worry you will it google. Ohkk Lets start set the club on fire just rock ... A dry cell consist of a zinc (zn) container acting as negative electrode (cathode), whereas the carbon rod placed in centre act as positive electrode (anode), the gap between these electrode is filled with the mixture of finely powdered manganese dioxide (MnO2) and grapite ( C ) in a bag of thin material. The space between the between cylindrical zinc container bag is fille with moist paste of zinc chloride (ZnCl2) and ammonium chloride (NH4Cl). The carbon rod is fitted with a metal cap. The cell is sealed. [ Note : In this cell, the chemical reaction giving rise to electric current is very slow. Hence, it has a longer life than other cells. ]

No comments:

Post a Comment